Sunday, March 19, 2006

Of memories and laughs

Watched Sudeep's 'My Autograph' last week. I had not seen the original, this helped keep my mind away from making comparisons on every frame and allowed me to enjoy the movie as it is. I must say it's a masterpiece. A film that takes everyone in the hall down memory lane. 'BeLadingaLa baale' was the only other kannada movie that touched my heart. I felt my heart sting when i saw ananth nag expressionless (keeping an expressionless look on an actor's face is a challenging feat) on seeing his 'beLadingaLa baale' dead. To my luck, udaya aired 'beLadingaLa baale' the same day i watched 'My Autograph' .. double treat on a lazy saturday.

To laugh it off, some incidents which have made me re-think my habit of going out with a ten-day beard and my shirt hanging out.

Scene 1 : I am sitting in front of a closed shop, treating and torturing my lungs to some kicks. An auto (minus it's driver) happens to be parked just in front of me. A well dressed gentleman walks up to me and asks 'Majestic ge barthira ?'. I am speechless for a moment, then I reply with a smile 'Auto nandhe aagidre barthidde saar' :).

Scene 2 : Forum -> FabMall. I get an urge to buy a flashy cig lighter. I ask an attendant closeby 'lighters idiya illi?', he looks at me and replies 'ide saar, aadhre thumba coshtly' :) .. I ask him irritated 'yellide helappa, cosht bagge naan chinthe maadthini'. He points me to a corner, I walk up there and ask again 'lighters idiya' .. the guy there hands over a gas stove lighter. ..... 'cigarette lighter kanri heliddu' ... 'Cigarette lighter illa sir nammalli', I walk off glancing a look at the first attendant, he seemed to be smiling stupidly at me and thinking 'I told him he couldnt afford it !! '.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shave off before we meet up..else we may not recognize you ;-)

- airr

Anonymous said...

hey these scenes are cool .. hehe.. even i have had a few of these but ur scene 1 is a masterpiece!

have heard abt autograph and shud watch it soon!

- supreeth

Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience bond. I was looking for a new pair of sandals in a shop. A middle aged woman came upto me and asked to show her some nice slippers without heals!